QUICK ANSWER – BEST WAKEBOARDS
|Best Wakeboards||Rating||Amazon Price|
|Best Rated Wakeboard:|
Slingshot Sports 2022 Terrain
|4.8 / 5||Check Latest Price >>|
|Best Park Wakeboard:|
|4.6 / 5||Check Latest Price >>|
|Best Wakeboard for Girls:|
CWB Connelly Bella Kids
|4.0 / 5||Check Latest Price >>|
|Best Women’s Wakeboard:|
Mystique New Hyperlite
|4.7 / 5||Check Latest Price >>|
Riding the wake of a boat is one of the most exciting experiences that one could try, especially if you can’t go surfing due to the large distance between you and the nearest coast.
For you to get started on your wakeboarding expedition, you’re going to need a reliable wakeboard, which isn’t as easy as it sounds due to the wide variety of models on the market.
To help make the selection process easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the best wakeboards available today. We’re also going to cover everything there is to know about selecting the perfect wakeboard for your style of riding.
READ NEXT: BEST WAKEBOARD TOWER SPEAKERS
And if you’re new to wakeboarding, no worries, we’ve got you covered as well. So without further ado, let’s jump right into it, shall we?
Best Wakeboards Buying Guide
Wakeboards come in all shapes and sizes, so if you don’t know exactly what to look for, you can have a hard time picking one. To get the most bang for your buck, we strongly suggest you take the following factors into consideration while choosing your next wakeboard:
Finding the ideal-size wakeboard requires that you consider your riding style and weight. We’re going to specify the ideal wakeboard length range for different weight groups shortly, but we feel the need to stress first how important the length of your wakeboard is.
An insufficient board length may result in you not being able to float over the wake of the boat properly.
Now we’re not saying that you should commit to a specific length that’s based on your weight, in fact, some wakeboarders find it more convenient to ride a bit board that’s shorter than the length that’s best suited for their weight.
The reason why is because shorter boards are much easier to maneuver and spin than their lengthier counterparts, which allows for more wakeboarding tricks.
The downside of using a wakeboard that’s shorter than the ideal length for your weight and style of riding is that it’ll be pretty slow.
Moreover, you’ll find that riding a short wakeboard demands a lot more energy out of you than riding a lengthier model.
What’s more, riding a short wakeboard will have you run a greater risk of crashing in the event of nose digging into the water.
Longer wakeboards, on the other hand, are great for beginner wakeboarders because they’re a lot easier to learn on than shorter models.
However, such models tend to suffer one thing, which is their weight.
Longer wakeboards tend to be pretty heavy, which makes them harder to control when airborne. On the flip side, they don’t require a lot of effort on your part to remain afloat.
|Wakeboard Length||Body Weight|
|Less than 51 inches (130 cm)||Less than 100 pounds|
|Between 51 and 53 inches (130 and 134 cm)||Between 90 and 150 pounds|
|Between 53 and 55 inches (135 and 139 cm)||Between 130 and 180 pounds|
|Between 55 and 57 inches (140 and 144 cm)||Between 170 and 250 pounds|
|More than 57 inches (144 cm)||Between 200 and 275+ pounds|
Wakeboards aren’t just designed to accommodate body different weights, they’re also designed to accommodate different skill levels.
Some wakeboards are made to allow for an easy learning experience and there are others that are built for professional riders.
But generally speaking, it’s possible for any wakeboarder to ride any wakeboard as long as it has a sufficient length.
- Beginner-Intermediate – This category of wakeboards is geared towards riders that are new to the sport or that don’t ride a lot. You can identify a wakeboard that belongs to this category by observing its rockers, which are often continuous or mellow 3-stage rockers. In terms of pricing, this category is quite affordable as it’s priced for recreational riders.
- Intermediate-Advanced – We highly recommend this category of wakeboards for riders that are adept in wake crossing in both directions and are experts at wake clearing. This category boasts a wide range of models that are suitable for almost any wakeboarder, so make sure you consider your options carefully to ensure the most value for your money.
- Advanced-Expert – This category of wakeboards is designed for professionals that are constantly attempting new tricks. You can distinguish boards that belong to this category by observing their continuous or 3-stage rockers, which tend to be more aggressive than the boards that belong to the first category. These models tend to be priced fairly high.
- Continuous Rocker – Thanks to their smoothly curved shapes, continuous rockers offer remarkable speed and bump-free rides, making them an ideal type of all riders. Also, it’s a lot easier to hook up turns when riding a wakeboard that boasts a continuous rocker. If you’re fond of carving, you’ll find wakeboards with continuous rockers to be the best.
- 3-Stage Rocker – This type of rockers are recognized by their 3 different bottom planes. Upon hitting the wake, the 3-stage rocker will lead your wakeboard to respond with great pop. However, the downside of 3-stage rockers is that they make you feel as if the water is slippery. Also, they tend to plow through the water rather than cut, making them slow.
- Hybrid Rocker – As you can probably tell from the name, hybrid rockers are models that adopt features from both continuous and 3-stage rockers. It’s quite challenging to narrow down the features that this type has to offer considering the fact that each brand tends to offer a unique combination of features to accommodate certain requirements.
- Camber Rocker – This category of rockers is the latest in the sport of wakeboarding and rockers in the category have a lot in common with snowboarding and skiing shapes. This type of rocker provides ideal stability and weight distribution, which will allow you to get a buzz out of your smooth wakeboarding expeditions.
- Channels – A wakeboard’s channels serve as a means of breaking surface tension right before the entire wakeboard hits. They’re a lot like extruded fins that are quite long.
- Concaves – The purpose of the concaves at the bottom of your board is to create lift. In addition, these dents act as accelerators that reduce suction to allow for better floating.
- V-Shape Spines – V-shape spines are often found in 3-stage rockers and their purpose is to soften your landings. They also help you roll from edge to edge with ease.
- Grind Base – With the increase in popularity for rail riding, there needed to be a type of base with great sturdiness in order to withstand wear and tear, and that’s the grind base.
- Featureless Base – There are certain wakeboard models that have featureless bottoms. This type relies heavily on the overall shape, rocker, and fin for their performance.
The vast majority of boards are made of wood or foam. Sadly, each of these two materials has a few things to offer that the other seems to lack, so you’re going to have to choose the board that offers the features you consider a priority.
Boards that are made of foam tend to be a lot durable and lighter than wood boards, but wooden boards offer better flex that allows for better pop.
Slingshot Sports 2022 Terrain (Best Rated Wakeboard)
If you’re a rider that’s fond of having a smooth feeling beneath your feet while wakeboarding, it’s a must that you check out the Slingshot Sports 2022 Terrain.
This remarkable board features an impressive soft flex that offers super easy pressing.
In addition, it grants you the ability to switch from one edge to the other. And thanks to the park base, you can handle obstacles with ease.
This wakeboard is available in four different models that vary in terms of length only.
It’s offered in a 140, 144, 148, and 152cm models, so you’ll assuredly find a model that can accommodate your weight and riding style.
We highly recommend this wakeboard for intermediate and expert wakeboarders alike. Just make sure that you get the correct pair of bindings.
- Perfect board for both intermediate and expert riders
- The park base does a great job of handling obstacles
- Equipped with a soft flex that provides easy pressing
- Available in different model lengths for convenience
- This wakeboard provides smooth rides and landings
- One of the more expensive wakeboards on the market
Hyperlite Vapor Wakeboard (Best Park Wakeboard)
The Hyperlite Vapor is a wakeboard that’s designed based on the Marek and Murray boards.
It has a length of 139 cm to 143 cm and it features true step-down edges as well as 4 removable fins, so you should expect great control and speed from this wakeboard.
This wakeboard is fairly lightweight, thanks to the use of M6 hardware which allows for a lighter and thinner board. As a result, you’ll find it pretty easy to attempt new tricks.
The Vapor features a 3-stage rocker that offers catch-free riding in the flats as well as true step down edges for maximum speed that’ll help you explode off the wake with ease.
If you’re seeking ideal stability, you’ll grow quite fond of the Hyperlite Vapor.
This package comes complete with the Hyperlite Destroyer binding which features Hyperlite’s new 6″ low plate system and is one of the thinnest on the market.
This results in significant weight reduction and rapid response time whn initiating turns.
- Board has great feel and stiffness
- Suitable for wakeboarding behind boat and at cable park
- Fairly lightweight
- This product is backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- Perfect for both recreational and professional riding
- Excels when it comes to catch-free riding in the flats
- Shipping can sometimes take longer than advertised
CWB Connelly Bella Kids (Best Wakeboard for Girls)
The Connelly Bella Wakeboard from CWB features one of the best wakeboard cores available, which is the system 80 core.
The reason why this core is held at such high regard is because it weighs less than the cores that are available in most wakeboards without being less durable.
In addition, the system 80 core is a lot softer than the cores found in regular wakeboards.
We feel the need to stress that this wakeboard is geared heavily towards beginner and it’s made in such a way that allows for an easier learning process.
It features a 3-stage rocker that does a great job of providing extra lift at fairly low speeds, which is great for beginners.
The board track is kept straight thanks to the use of 4×4 molded fins as well as a removable fin in the center.
- It houses one of the lightest and most durable cores
- Does a superb job of providing extra lift off the wake
- Has a removable fin that helps keep a straight board
- Perfect for teaching beginners how to ride correctly
- The unit comes with Women’s Optima (S/M) bindings
- This wakeboard isn’t designed for advanced riders
- Comes at a steep price tag for a beginner’s board
Mystique New Hyperlite (Best Women’s Wakeboard)
Equipped with M6 hardware, the Hyperlite Mystique boasts an exceptionally thin and lightweight construction that allows for super easy riding.
This wakeboard also comes with a subtle 3-stage rocker that offers great pop and 4 removable fins that grip the water in order to provide you with a great deal of stability.
This product is backed by a 1-year warranty for your convenience.
The reason why we think this wakeboard is the best for female riders is that it boasts the female version of the Destroyer binding which happens to be one of the most popular models out there.
Moreover, it features Hyperlite’s new Low Pro Plate System which offers great weight reduction that allows for a smoother and more enjoyable wakeboarding experience.
- One of the most lightweight wakeboards for women
- The package includes a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Features the female-specific version of the Destroyer
- Equipped with a 3-stage rocker that provides great lift
- Ideal for both beginner and advanced wakeboarders
- The bindings are designed to fit only women’s 6-11
- Reviews indicate that the boots require better laces
Hopefully, the information that was shared in this article has helped you on your quest of finding the best wakeboard that meets your needs and budget.
If you have any questions with regards to wakeboarding, feel free to let us know.